A Pictorial History
By Ronald A. Smith
The VanHornesville Community received fire protection by bucket brigade with occasional help received from neighboring fire departments. In 1921, Richfield Springs Fire Dept donated a two-wheel cart. On it was mounted a large size fire extinguisher and hose. The hose was only used when neighboring fire departments were called to help out. The two-wheel cart was stored in the 1850 blacksmith shop. The blacksmith shop was owned by Grant VanHorne and in later years was owned by Jar March and Thomas Land. In 1930, the blacksmith shop was used as a workshop by Owen D. Young farms.
Copyright © 2000 Ronald Smith / Carol Perry/ Martha S. Magill
All Rights Reserved.